Old 10-09-2009, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Watering cans from Tesco

"Martin" wrote in message

For at least 30 years yellow chromate has been used between stainless
steel
components and aluminium on boats to prevent corrosion.

Back in 1952 when I started my Apprenticeship in Marine Electrical
Engineering, that practice was in use then on warships we were
building/converting.

So for future reference, you can say 'for at least 50 years' :-))

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk