Old 10-09-2009, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
soup[_2_] soup[_2_] is offline

Default Black spot

Does anyone have any 'pet' methods for dealing with black spot on roses
or are the commercial sprays adequate?
I am in Scotland which has a fairly wet atmosphere so keeping the
leaves dry and not allowing the soil (where I believe the spores
'live')to splash up is pretty much a non starter. Rose is in a flower
bed so I would think mulching the soil is not really a goer, but then I
am no gardener (it's my son's garden)so wouldn't really know.