Old 11-09-2009, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bacon for birds

Sacha wrote:

Send it to me!

I would if I could but I bet there's some rule that says I can't! Don't
you get smoked bacon over there?

There isn't any smoked bacon over here in France, unless it's produced
by the handful of English butchers resident here using French pigs. I'm
baffled why such a tasty thing as bacon isn't part of standard French
cuisine. They do have potrine which is just the uncured part of the pig
corresponding to the streaky bacon part but it doesn't taste the same
without the curing. Similarly there is something called bacon that isn't
English bacon. Bacon is the one food I miss from England. :-(

Even your leftover smoky bacon rinds sound appetising!

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.