Old 11-09-2009, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
R[_5_] R[_5_] is offline

Default In with the worms....

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"R" wrote ...
into the compost that is.

1000 litre "Carboy" (plastic with the top cut off) 3/4 full of garden
waste, waste kitchen greenery, soil and horse poo. No normal route of
escape other than birds.

250 worms added about 10" from the top yesterday. (£7 delivered)

Now lets see what results are produced in a months time....

Didn't have them last year and fairly good mulch/fertiliser was produced
although it took 2 years from scratch so perhaps the voracious critters
will munch more down for me to use end of this year on the veg patch.

Not quite a "Wormery" but more like a Worm Playground.

I do hope you have some way to drain off all the lovely liquid
(fertilizer) that will be produced or it will get too wet for the worms.

Has a built in half turn tap at the bottom so I have dug a small trench to
allow a jug under to retrieve the liquid gold.

We'll see what happens in a few days time