Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default columbine

On 2009-09-11 20:50:44 +0100, "Sheila" said:
Do you know which you had/have?! I'm just amazed because we have seen a
great increase in the 'common' Crocosmia masonorum - previously known to
many as Montbretia. It's popped up all over the place and we have to rip
a lot of it out.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Sorry, the ones I am talking about failing were the c.Lucifer that Judith
sent to me last year. Its the common "Montbretia" that I am culling.

Any thoughts on the Columbine surviving a dig up?

I'd say, give it a try. Put them into little pots so their roots
aren't flailing around in masses of wet soil. After all, you're going
to be getting rid of them one way or the other, so you have nothing to
lose!