Old 12-09-2009, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default columbine

On 2009-09-12 13:30:48 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Sep 12, 11:22*am, "Sheila" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in messagenews:b15

On Sep 12, 3:40 am, "Sheila" wrote:

On 2009-09-11 20:50:44 +0100, "Sheila"
said:
Do you know which you had/have?! I'm just amazed because we have seen

great increase in the 'common' Crocosmia masonorum - previously known

many as Montbretia. It's popped up all over the place and we have to

rip
a lot of it out.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Sorry, the ones I am talking about failing were the c.Lucifer that Judi

th
sent to me last year. Its the common "Montbretia" that I am culling.

Any thoughts on the Columbine surviving a dig up?

I wonder when is the best time to dig up the C.Lucifer? *I will send
some more to you and Pete.

Judith

I dont know Judith, mine is staying firmly where it is for now! * Thank

you,
I would be very grateful. Do you still have my address?

I have it archived, it's time to clean out the archives, there are
literally thousands of emails and stuff in there! I just need some
advice on when it is best to lift them. If I don't get a reply here,
I will start a new thread on it.

Judith

In spring seems to be the best time, says my personal guru. C. Lucifer
produces stolons and along with fibrous roots, these can be taken off
to make new plants. Crocosmia flowers best when it's quite crowded so
dividing them more than every three years or so is probably not a good
idea. It may be that Sheila's are just sulking. ;-)