Old 12-09-2009, 09:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
Mysterious Traveler Mysterious Traveler is offline

Default Native Texas Bamboo

Today I stopped at a place outside of town where a large patch of
what looks to be a native Bamboo is growing. It's about twenty
feet tall, an inch in diameter and has seed heads at the top. We
are having a severe drought here but these look healthy and
couldn't be pulled out of the ground, so I cut off some seed heads
and will let them dry before I throw them around some places away
from the house.

Will these start growing in the winter if I throw seed out before
spring?

These don't appear to be running or clumping Bamboo, but I'm not
an expert.

Anyone interested in getting some seeds? I wonder what the
restrictions would be for sending seeds to Florida, California
or some other states if someone from there wanted seeds?

Mysterious Traveler
West Texas