Old 12-09-2009, 10:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Wild grape question

"PhoenixWench" wrote in message

OK, saved all this for future reference. I may try feeding them so the
birds and wildlife can enjoy more bigger grapes down the road. I might try
making jam in a couple years, too, when there are enough. And I love
dolmades, so you just answered one unspoken question. Since I garden
organically they are clean, so I see Greek dinners in my future. Thanks!!!

I have similar questions about my grape vines which produce small, seedy
grapes that don't have a lot of flavor. We LOVE Greek food, so every year I
get a couple of good cannings of grape leaves off of them! To me, the main
crop is the leaves, while the grapes are just fun for the kids to nibble on
when they are playing outside. Perhaps next year we will have enough to
make jelly or wine, but the juice extracting process is so tedious that I
will probably just stick to the leaves.
--S.