Old 13-09-2009, 12:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default Wild grape question

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 14:44:07 -0400, PhoenixWench
wrote:

ROFL - yeah - that sounds about right ;-)
OK, saved all this for future reference. I may try feeding them so the
birds and wildlife can enjoy more bigger grapes down the road. I might
try making jam in a couple years, too, when there are enough. And I love
dolmades, so you just answered one unspoken question. Since I garden
organically they are clean, so I see Greek dinners in my future. Thanks!!!

Gerry just reminded me of another use for the grape leaves. She always
puts one in the bottom of the jar along with a head of dill when we
make dill pickles. It is supposed to keep the pickles crisp and ours
are always quite crisp so they probably do something.

Ross.