Old 17-04-2003, 01:32 AM
RichToyBox

Default Active Carbon

BV,

Activated carbon is a chemical filter. I keep some in the shed for
emergencies. If I can't find any reason for the fish acting strange in my
water parameters, I assume that some chemicals, i.e. weed killers,
insecticides, paint overspray, etc., have gotten into the pond and these are
the things that the carbon will work wonders on. So far I have not had to
use it in my pond, but used some in a club members pond recently.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
What type of filtration does active carbon provide and does it make sense

in
a pond?

--
BenignVanilla