Old 13-09-2009, 07:51 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertie Doe View Post
My neighbour has given me a bottle each of elderberry
port and a sparkling elderberry wine. Well I want to
grow my own and she's offered me some cuttings, but we
don't know :
a) the best time to plant
b) in greenhouse or coldframe.
Any help much appreciated.

..
Why bother? They grow wild all over the countryside and are so easy to pick. They are also a tiresome and aggressive shrub in a small garden, needing annual cutback to keep them under control, which reduces flower and fruit.

If you really must, they are also one of the easiest to propagate. Just stick a whole row of small cuttings into the ground and turn your back.