Old 13-09-2009, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Building one's own greenhouse

Frederick Williams wrote:
Can anyone recommend web sites that instruct one in the building of a
greenhouse? Googling doesn't turn up anything interesting.

I built my own once at a previous house. I plan to do so again sometime
at my new house. A lot depends on the balance you want between useful
and pretty. I didn't use any plans - other than my own sketches. It is a
simple matter to use some 3" x 2" pressure treated timbers to build a
frame and fasten clear corrugated PVC sheets to it. You don't need to
make any fancy joints if you don't want to, just use metal angle joining
brackets which are cheaply available from places like Wilko's. The
hardest job with mine was laying a concrete floor - I mixed all the
concrete by hand and it was back-breaking.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.