Old 13-09-2009, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Long-reach hedgetrimmers

On Sep 13, 4:23*pm, Kath wrote:
Has anyone had any experience of either long-reach or articulated
hedge trimmers? Are they
any good? I am very unsteady on step ladders and find it difficult to
be up there and use
trimmers so I always miss a lot at the top of the hedge.

As someone else has said, if the hedge is not too high, a platform is a
good solution. It's a lot less 'exposed' than a step ladder, more
stable, and you can do a longer length of hedge before moving it. I've
gone that route instead of long each hedge trimmer because I find with
other long reach tools it's difficult to keep control - the centre of
gravity is too far away.
--
Kay