Old 13-09-2009, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Oliphant Oliphant is offline

Default Long-reach hedgetrimmers

"Kath" wrote in message
Has anyone had any experience of either long-reach or articulated hedge
trimmers? Are they
any good? I am very unsteady on step ladders and find it difficult to be
up there and use
trimmers so I always miss a lot at the top of the hedge.

Kath

'The Stories of George the Hamster'
Translated by Lee H and Kathleen Smith
ISBN - 978-0-9546989-3-5
Available from www.arlev.clara.net/george.htm
and from both on line and High Street Bookshops

They're very good, in circumstances where normal access is difficult. They
are also proportionately more difficult to control to achieve straightness,
since bodily movements are magnified by the distance away from their source.
They are also good for muscular development for the same reason.