Old 13-09-2009, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Long-reach hedgetrimmers

"Kath" wrote in message
Has anyone had any experience of either long-reach or
articulated hedge trimmers? Are they
any good? I am very unsteady on step ladders and find it
difficult to be up there and use
trimmers so I always miss a lot at the top of the hedge.

I have a 4 in one long reach 2 stroke machine that includes a
hedgecutter. Its OK but a bit unwieldy and not as good at cutting
thick stuff as my dedicated hedgecutter. Having said that it is
very good for trimming the yews and I use it a lot. The problem
is that at that distance it is not easy to get a neat cut, and
the cutter bar is quite short.

Mike