Old 14-09-2009, 12:26 AM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default Re Orchids.

Jonno wrote:
For some years I have been trying to get cymbidium orchids to flower.
I have recently moved to a colder area, and hoped the frosty mornings
would help to make these donkey like plants flower.
Nothing I can do will coerce these plants.
If they keep looking like crap, and dont start something this next
season, they will be barbequed en masse.
Does anyone have any hints to get them to show their nice side please?
Thats so I dont show my nasty side....

I had the same trouble with mine until I cut down the Thuja tree that
was shading them. Suddenly, they all went mad and flowered for the next
two springs. Then my horse ate them.

!!!

--
Trish Brown {|:-}