Old 14-09-2009, 01:48 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_20_] Jonno[_20_] is offline

Default Re Orchids.

"Trish Brown" wrote in message
Jonno wrote:
For some years I have been trying to get cymbidium orchids to flower.
I have recently moved to a colder area, and hoped the frosty mornings
would help to make these donkey like plants flower.
Nothing I can do will coerce these plants.
If they keep looking like crap, and dont start something this next
season, they will be barbequed en masse.
Does anyone have any hints to get them to show their nice side please?
Thats so I dont show my nasty side....

I had the same trouble with mine until I cut down the Thuja tree that was
shading them. Suddenly, they all went mad and flowered for the next two
springs. Then my horse ate them.

Well I had a mattress once, and my horse ate that too.
Serves you right for fattening them up for the horse, who knows a good feed
when he sees one. (Grin!)
It still doesnt solve that problem.
I water them and feed them and talk gently to them and things, but hey no
reponse.
I think they just want to ignore me.
Maybe if I get Mr Abbott over here we can get him to talk to them....

!!!

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia