Old 15-09-2009, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donna UK Donna UK is offline

Default Too late to prune cherry tree?

One of my branches got snapped off in the winds we had and I never found it
in time to cover it with anything. Its turned brown now so hopefully it has
self healed. What signs do I need to look out for when dealing with cherry
tree diseases?

"lannerman" wrote in message

Paul;864375 Wrote:
As header,
Is it too late in the year to prune a cherry tree i.e. risk of disease

or damage?
Thanks for any advice.
Paul.
--
Paul reply-to is valid

Hi, Paul, it is a little late, the biggest problem is the tree being
infected through the cuts with 'silver leaf 'disease so, providing that
you dress each cut with bituminous pruning compound you should be ok.
regards Lannerman.

--
lannerman