Old 15-09-2009, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dee Dee is offline

Default Tree Has Reddish "Golf Balls" Somethings Appearing: What Are They ?

enigma wrote in news:Xns9C86AD00DD0EBenigmaevilnet@
199.125.85.9:

Dee wrote in
om:

Phisherman wrote in
:
Looks like Dogwood fruit, each about the size of a pea, not
1-1.5" in diameter.

According to Wikipedia, the fruit is 2-3 cm in diameter though
can be up to 4 cm.

the description of the fruit sounds like dogwood (& those are
edible, BTW), but would you describe the leaves as "pointy"?
lee

I wouldn't, no. But I could see how someone who didn't know much about
plants might do so. A simple leaf with a point on the end might be
described as pointy :-) But I guess if the OP doesn't post back with
a response or a photo we may never know for sure.

Dee