Old 15-09-2009, 07:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Alex[_4_] Alex[_4_] is offline

Default EC and Potting Soil

"David Hare-Scott" schreef in bericht
David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/14/2009 12:44 PM, Alex wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know what the correct EC is for the potting soil of
various plants.

Is there any website that has this information?

Thanks

What is "EC"?

Electrical Conductivity. Used as a measure of dissolved salts.

David

Right. Most descriptions for plants say 'use a light mix' or something
like that - I want to be precise and know exactly what my plants
are going to need, and what they're getting, which is why I measure
runoff with an EC meter.

However, it is difficult to find the correct EC (or ppm/parts per millions)
for plants online.

So I am wondering if someone has come a across a website
or a book which gives you good information over what to use.

Alex