Old 15-09-2009, 04:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default Favorite Tomato

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:25:58 -0400, phorbin
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Every body knows that home grown vine ripened tomatoes are way better than
anything store bought.
The question is out of all the tomatoes you grow at home which one is your
favorite?

Any that survives this year's blight.

Ain't that the truth! This year has been a disaster for our tomatoes.
We normally can anywhere from 30 to as many as 80 liters each summer
but this year we don't have enough to bother putting the kettle on.
As far as the original question, we don't have any one favourite
tomato. All the heirloom varieties we grow are excellent.
There's a picture of some of them from a previous year at
http://tinypic.com/r/2lu8ihi/3
The Hillbilly (also known as Flame) in the center of the picture
weighed 968 grams (over 2 pounds).

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada.
AgCanada Zone 5b