Old 15-09-2009, 05:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Favorite Tomato

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
Mike said:

Every body knows that home grown vine ripened tomatoes are way better
than anything store bought.

The question is out of all the tomatoes you grow at home which one is
your favorite?

I have trouble deciding between Aunt Gertie's Gold and Persimmon.
Orange Strawberry is very good eating, too, but the seedling plants are
not
vigorous and it seems excessively prone to BER and cracking.

For a red (well, deep pink) tomato, Kosovo. Sweet, yet complex.

And for a cherry, I like SunSugar. Everybody I serve them to loves them.
(They are very much like Sun Gold in flavor but not as prone to
splitting.)

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
"No dear, this is the dream, you're still in the cell."

email valid but not regularly monitored

For a cherry tomato I love Chocolate Cherry from Park's. I had my own
plants, but the local farmer's market wholesale section had them for $25 a
peck. They're like a miniature Cherokee Purple.
Steve