Old 15-09-2009, 08:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph General Schvantzkoph is offline

Default Tomato blight

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 12:58:28 -0500, zxcvbob wrote:

Do prophylactic applications of fungicides work to prevent Late Blight
in tomatoes? How about waiting until the first sign of spotted yellow
leaves and then spraying? Daconil, Captan, Maneb, or Bordeaux mixture?

Planning for next year,
Bob

I sprayed my plants with Agway's Fruit Tree Spray, which contains Captan,
after they started to get sick, it arrested the disease and I got a fair
number of tomatoes. I'll look for something safer next year and use it
prophylacticly.