Old 16-09-2009, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kath Kath is offline

Default Long-reach hedgetrimmers

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 14:41:57 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill wrote:

snip

Available fromwww.arlev.clara.net/george.htm
and from both on line and High Street Bookshops

You don't say how much hedge you have to cut and its height.
I have a Stihl Strimmer and have the hedge cutter, chainsaw atachments
for it,
It makes my arms ache quite quickly but I am cutting around 3/4 of a
mile of hedge in all. but not at the same time, I can cut to around
10ft or so and as tou can angle the blade you can cut quite well into
the top of the hedge.
I wouldnt be without it,
Cut a bit then clear as a rest for the arms, then cut some more.
Once you get used to ot it cuts as well as the petrol hedge trimmer,
and with practice you can cutfinger thick or a bit more.
David Hill

Thanks for that, David, it is very helpful. I only have about 30 feet of hedge I want to
keep to 6 feet maximum, but when they need cutting it is too far to reach for me. I may be
able to manage with what you say.

Kath

'The Stories of George the Hamster'
Translated by Lee H and Kathleen Smith