Old 16-09-2009, 09:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default EC and Potting Soil

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:27:03 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/14/2009 12:44 PM, Alex wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know what the correct EC is for the potting soil of
various plants.

Is there any website that has this information?

Thanks

What is "EC"?

Electrical Conductivity. Used as a measure of dissolved salts.

David

So from a given number you are measuring ion concentrations, and that
alone doesn't tell you much.

I have a west-coast pad cactus which its mother plant happily lived
and flowered on a salty beach of Pales Verdes. It has been living
with me for 20 years, grows new pads each year, never flowered.