Old 17-09-2009, 12:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Wild grape question

In article ,
"Steve Peek" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
wrote:

We've tried using the fruit for
jelly and, it does make very nice jelly. I've also used the dried
vines for smoking meat.

How does that taste? I have a lot of them growing on my fence line and
had planned to prune the heck out of them this winter so I can get a
better grape crop this next year.

I'm just learning how to smoke meat in my offset smoker, so may dry the
vines instead of discarding them...

Try grapevine for smoking fish. Rainbow trout smoked over a combo of
grapevine and apple wood is food fit for the gods.
Steve

Okay, thank you. :-)
--
Peace! Om