Old 17-09-2009, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Brown Kate Brown is offline

Default Badgers or foxes?

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Pam Moore wrote
A couple of weeks ago I reported that badgers had eaten my sweetcorn.
Today somebody on the allotments said it was not badgers but foxes.
He had not seen them but thought that the signs he had seen indicated
foxes.
Do foxes eat sweetcorn? I thought they are carnivores. We've had the
same thing happen before with sweetcorn. This year and last the
carrots were also eaten. Carrots and sweetcorn, on most allotments.
Badgers or foxes?

In my bit of south-west France it's wild boar - they even surround the
fields with low-level electric fences to keep them off. I've heard
there are wild boar in the west of England.... how likely is that for
you?

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally