Old 18-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Billit Billit is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Moore[_2_] View Post
A couple of weeks ago I reported that badgers had eaten my sweetcorn.
Today somebody on the allotments said it was not badgers but foxes.
He had not seen them but thought that the signs he had seen indicated
foxes.
Do foxes eat sweetcorn? I thought they are carnivores. We've had the
same thing happen before with sweetcorn. This year and last the
carrots were also eaten. Carrots and sweetcorn, on most allotments.
Badgers or foxes?

Pam in Bristol
I would say that your sweet corn has been eaten by Badgers,we have the same trouble on our site and although we put strong wire mesh around the corn the Badgers always seem to break it down,something a Fox would not be able to do owing to the strength of the mesh. Billit