Old 18-09-2009, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Badgers eat sweetcorn

In article ,
Pam Moore wrote:

We have no deer in the area and certainly no wild boar. Nobody has
reported either.

Er, have you any idea how rarely muntjac and roe are seen, even
where they are resident? Unless you live close to the centre of
Bristol, you assuredly DO have them in the area.

We have a lot of pigeons about but they would not pull the stems over,
nor could smaller animals. Deer would eat them without breaking the
stems, I think?

Eh? Why? Muntjac are c. 18" high at the shoulder with low heads.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.