Old 18-09-2009, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Badgers eat sweetcorn

Nick wrote ..
Pam Moore wrote:

We have no deer in the area and certainly no wild boar. Nobody has
reported either.

Er, have you any idea how rarely muntjac and roe are seen, even
where they are resident? Unless you live close to the centre of
Bristol, you assuredly DO have them in the area.

We have a lot of pigeons about but they would not pull the stems over,
nor could smaller animals. Deer would eat them without breaking the
stems, I think?

Eh? Why? Muntjac are c. 18" high at the shoulder with low heads.

We would never have thought we had Deer in this quite built up area but a
neighbour was sitting out in his garden this summer when there was a clunk
on the 5ft tall fence and a Muntjac deer landed next to him much to the
surprise of both. He has now seen it a few times eating the windfall apples
etc so it must be living in the back gardens all around.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden