Old 18-09-2009, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Long-reach hedgetrimmers

On Sep 13, 9:17*pm, Kath wrote:
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 19:31:53 +0100, "Muddymike" wrote:

"Kath" wrote in message
.. .
Has anyone had any experience of either long-reach or
articulated hedge trimmers? Are they
any good? I am very unsteady on step ladders and find it
difficult to be up there and use
trimmers so I always miss a lot at the top of the hedge.

Snip

Thank youfor all your very informative replies. It gives me a lot to think about. The
neatness is not very important in the place it is but the weight and drag on my arms and
shoulders may be. The expense of a 'platform' is to be thought out too but it is good to
consider.

Thanks.
Kath

'The Stories of George the Hamster'
Translated by Lee H and Kathleen Smith
ISBN - 978-0-9546989-3-5
Available fromwww.arlev.clara.net/george.htm
and from both on line and High Street Bookshops

BTW, How's your neck; With the long reach thingy you'll find yourself
looking up , stressed, for a considerable amount of time than you
might ordinarily do. It can become a niggle.
Since the Stihl has been mentioned. Ye^p, now that one does seem to be
the best, though I speak from only one short duration try out.