Old 19-09-2009, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default How to stop fir tree growing

writes
In article ,
K wrote:

I had a much admired abies koreana (Google it) which is a very
attractive fir tree with almost blue cones. It will grow big
eventually but not too rapidly.

There's a dwarf form as well, also producing the blue cones very young.

I have just removed mine, which had grown from about 1' to 17'7" in
30 years. I originally reckoned that it would need removal after
about 20, but I pruned its lower branches to make it less obtrusive.
Sad, but it was getting too big for the garden.

My dwarf one has grown to about 30 inches in 20 years :-)

Do you lend your guests a magnifying glass, so they can admire
its cones? :-)

The cones are full size :-)
--
Kay