Old 20-09-2009, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lablab beans

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

Has anyone else had any success with those jokers?

Nope. I tried the purple leaf form, in a conservatory; never even got
as far as flowers before it gave up and died.

Thanks very much.

I think it probably needs tropical conditions; high heat and humidity.

From the way mine are growing, I doubt it. They are taking the
dry conditions a lot better than either the runners or French
beans, and don't seem too worried by the temperature, either.
What they may need is 6 months of UK summer conditions, which
you can get in the tropics at altitude.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.