Old 21-09-2009, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Lablab beans

writes

Thanks. I am surprised at the way that it didn't start growing even
in my conservatory, though. I wonder what triggers it into climbing
mode.

The key difference between what you did and what others have done is
that you started it very early. Maybe it needs higher temperature/light
levels early in its growth? I'm reminded of ipomeas, which seem to do
better from a later sowing, even if it means they're still flowering in
the cool of autumn.
--
Kay