Old 21-09-2009, 09:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
YvonneD YvonneD is offline

Default help with very special orchid

Last October my husband bought me a beautiful white orchid for our 23
anniversary. He died in February.

The plant lost it's last bloom three weeks ago. It was in a very
small pot that was so packed with roots that I had to cut the pot
apart in order to get the plant out. I wanted to give it some new
growing medium and put it in a slightly larger pot.

When I planted it, it looked OK, but now it's listing to the side of
the pot with so many roots exposed it looks like spaghetti. Otherwise
it appears to be fine.

Should I leave it like this?

Picture is he

http://home.comcast.net/~jbcamel/ebay/orchid.jpg