Old 21-09-2009, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Countryfile

On 2009-09-21 23:15:33 +0100, Martin said:

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 22:17:35 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

Did anyone watch Countryfile on Sunday evening?
Talk about wichcraft!
A guy filled 2 cowshorns with fresh manure, buried them in some earth
for 6 months, then mixed the resulting nice-looking compost in water,
stirred it in a particular way and then sprinkled it on the soil prior
to planting.
If he had buried a different container full of cow-poo, would it not
have decomposed equally well and had results which were just as good?
Am I missing something here?
Have the BBC not something better to do with our money?

Pam in Bristol

Exactly what we thought.

We came in halfway through the programme but didn't see that bit. In
principle, we have no objection to anything about old country folklore
etc. but to us this is beginning, more and more, to feel like a
programme made for people who rarely, if ever, visit the countryside.
--
Sacha