Old 22-09-2009, 07:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_8_] Billy[_8_] is offline

Default OT Like the sig! ( Any one else have a bad tomato season?)

In article ,
"Bob Terwilliger" wrote:

Billy's sig was:

3When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why
the poor have no food, they call you a communist.2
-Archbishop Helder Camara

Heh... I hear that quote (using "I" and "me" instead of "you") frequently.
It's programmed into a game called "Sid Meier's Civilization IV". When your
civilization finishes researching communism, Leonard Nimoy's voice is heard
declaiming that quote.

Bob

I'm glade you like the sig. I think it sums up our condition quite well.
Sorry, I don't play games much. I've never heard of this game. Maybe the
Archbishop played it.
Does anyone find the observation in error?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hélder_Câmara
There seems to be a lot of lobbying for crops that use petroleum
fertilizers, but none for green manure and/or crop rotation. Why would
that be?
--
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.²
-Archbishop Helder Camara

http://tinyurl.com/o63ruj
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm