Old 22-09-2009, 06:12 PM
JamesP JamesP is offline
Registered User

Smile What Do I Do

I have a mamoth undertaking, I have to plant native hedge and trees around a four acre boundary as part of my planning approval. As it is in the country side I was thinking of taking cuttings from the neighbouring hedges and trees. As I do not know very much about gardening, I would like advice on this.

1. When is a good time to take these cuttings.
2. What should I look for when taking native tree and hedge cuttings.
3. After I take these should I pot these, and if I do, do I keep these in the open or covered.
4. Do I need rooting powder or will compost be OK to plant these.
5. Is there any specis that will take quicker than others.
6. Is there any advice you can give me.

Please if you could shed some light on this I would be very grateful.

Thanks
James