Old 22-09-2009, 09:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Fondowsinternet Fondowsinternet is offline

Default Rose feed

On Sep 22, 9:55*am, "Alistair Macdonald"
wrote:
From a bed of around 100 hybrid rose bushes, this year again I have lost
about ten plants, this after a rather poor flowering season. The bed is well
covered with forest bark but which I feel is not allowing any feed to
penetrate satisfactorily. I want first of all to provide a better feed than
Growmore, and also to plant new rose bushes to replace those lost. *What
fertiliser(s) should I use for the existing bushes and what, if different,
for the new ones? I have been recommended bone meal and sulphate of potash
with a handful of Epsom salts to each, both old and new bushes. I would also
appreciate any advice on applications.

I also used Growmore.