Old 23-09-2009, 01:35 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jock[_2_] Jock[_2_] is offline

Default Going Green

I have a solar hot water thingo - it's good. I am waiting for Kevin07 to
spring the $8k approval then we have a solar 1kW installation. I am OK with
spending my tax dollars on my day to days in this way. Just ****es me when
by the end of it all, there will be those with solar stuff and those with no
solar - purely because they cannot afford to shell out a baby bonus or two in
a good way or that as you mention - they have no say due to being a tenant.

"Jonno" wrote in message
: Re going Green.
: Do what you can and "can" what you cant.
: One thing is for certain, if you dont make ends meet now that prices are
: reasonable, you will certainly wont be able to afford any sort of energy
: when its expected everyone has green power facilities.
: As the rental market is so large, it should be insisted that all rental
: properties owners must make provisions for installations.
: And I know what people are thinking....
: But it will sertainly allow rentals to go up if power is cheaper and saves
: tenants money on power....
:
:
: "Jock" wrote in message
: ...
: Glenfiddich is OK - nothing less than a single malt please!
:
:
: "SG1" wrote in message
: ...
: : Jock
: : Would not Glenfiddick be more suitable? I have a small (if 32" is
small)
: : plasma and the meter was going backwards with it running the other day.
: :
: : "Jock" wrote in message
: : news : : the solar component the govcos are patting themselves on the back
: stupid
: : over
: : is going to amount to nothing the way everyone is buying a plasma /
: : whatever
: : big screen TV and whatever other Chinese appliantology (RIP F.Z.) to
: fill
: : the
: : living room. Yearly power consumption per capita has soared.
: : The new residentials that need the power the solar is meant to save
: now
: : have
: : less than before and the taxpayers (us good guys) have to pay the
bill
: for
: : solar initiatives and desal then new power stations as required in
the
: : future.
: :
: : That's a great price for your solar all the same.
: : Jock
: :
: :
: : "SG1" wrote in message
: : ...
: : : Just had 6 solar panels put on the roof. Readers outside of QLD
weep
: : total
: : : cost $380.00
: : : As we have to wait for Ergon to put in a new outgoing meter, atm
our
: : main
: : : meter is running backwards for part of the day. The reason it is so
: : cheap
: : is
: : : The Blight arranged a Qld special with a Gold Coast company. The
: rest
: is
: : : made up by the feds. Who unfortunately have reduced their subsidy
: : $7500
: : : from $8000, Copenhagen be damned eh????? Now that I have felt
: superiour
: : for
: : : a little while I guess it is back to watering (rain water) the
: vegies.
: : : Jim
: : :
: : :