Old 23-09-2009, 12:30 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Advice needed for replacement pump

I bought my last couple of pump from www.pondliner.com. They're out of
Oklahoma but they ship anywhere so that's no big deal. I buy my fish food
from Colorado but I digress. Looks like you'll need a pump that can pump 225
gallons per hour at 2'. (This conforms to the somewhat standardized
recommendation to turn over the water once per hour. You didn't mention a
filter. Got one? Interested in saving electricity? If so, give the OASE
models a look/see. They're pretty energy efficient and I've been pleased
with he three I've had. Submersible pump I assume?

Good luck. You'll get good advice here from others.

JB

"MorrisonAndBoyd" wrote in message
m...
My head is spinning after looking at a dozen or so web sites that sell
pond pumps. I'm finding TONS of pumps for big ponds and massive
waterfalls, but almost nothing for the small preformed one my mother has.

Its dimensions are approximately 5' long by 3' wide by 2' deep; according
to pond capacity calculators I used, this equals approximately 225
gallons. It has a waterfall that rises about 2' above the pond.

Can anyone recommend--and point me to--a dual-discharge pump for this
pond? Any recommendations for good online sources? I've never bought
pond supplies online so I'm not familiar with any of the companies, and
I'd like to buy from a company with a good reputation.

--

Linux users, be counted! Register with Linux counter:
http://counter.li.org

Linux and geek gear:
http://www.smartassproducts.com/sect...omputing.shtml