Old 23-09-2009, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Ginger flower

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote...
I have had a "edible" ginger plant growing for a few months and it has
grown huge. The plant has four stems about three feet high. I noticed
today that there are some large flower buds about to open. Do I need
to do anything special to make sure that the ginger flowers
successfully?

You've done well Steve, all I've ever got was a sickly stick of a plant not
worth the effort.
I presume you have a heated greenhouse or very light conservatory?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden