Old 23-09-2009, 11:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Viburnum Nana help please

Cheryl Isaak said:

My 12+ year old Viburnum Nana has shed all it's leaves already. When I

knelt
to get a closer look, it has what appears to galls or cankers all over the
base of the stems.

Any thoughts on the problem - my googling as been fruitless. I'm fond of
that little shrub and would hate to lose it.

I'm sorry that I only have bad news for you.

Apparently, Viburnums are susceptible to crown gall, a bacterial infection,
and it cannot be cured. You will have to remove your infected plant and
replace it with some other type of shrub which is not susceptible to crown
gall.

Crown gall (this is a .pdf file that require Adobe
http://wihort.uwex.edu/gardenfacts/XHT1037.pdf

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
"No dear, this is the dream, you're still in the cell."

email valid but not regularly monitored