Old 23-09-2009, 10:53 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jock[_2_] Jock[_2_] is offline

Default Going Green

: "Jock" wrote in message
:
: I have a solar hot water thingo - it's good.
:
: What sort? We're interested in the evacuated tube sort that doesn't have a
: tank on the roof but info on it seems to be a bit thin on the ground
: locally.
:
:
we got one of these: http://www.dux.com.au/products.php?name=D4F136W3AC
We have it running purely off the solar and have boosted it twice for a half
tank when it was cloudy.. Saving 11kWh per day compared to off peak 315l
system we had.. $5300 gross, $2.8k rebates from the govt.

Read up, there are lots of alternatives.