Old 23-09-2009, 11:15 AM posted to aus.gardens
Anne Chambers[_2_] Anne Chambers[_2_] is offline

Default Going Green

I had a 1KW installation put in at the end of May (got the gov's full $8K rebate); it was another three months
before the new meter was installed (they were supposed to let me know when that would happen but the fellow
just turned up and it was lucky I was home.) The installer forgot to read the old meter before he took it
out, said he would have to 'hook it up again' - and I got a huge bill within three weeks; I don't know how
accurate the reading was He nearly electrocuted himself installing the new meter; he forgot to turn off
the new installation....he said it was the first one he'd done! I hadn't noticed the meter going backwards
since the original installation so (cynically) suppose the supplier got whatever was generated for nothing.

The regular meter reader came round a week or so later and had no idea how to read the new meter - I
anticipate (but not am not counting on) any savings showing up in the next bill. Even on a dull day, power
seems to be generated, so I am hopeful.

I'm trying to do the right thing...

--
Anne Chambers
South Australia

anne dot chambers at bigpond dot comJock wrote:
I have a solar hot water thingo - it's good. I am waiting for Kevin07 to
spring the $8k approval then we have a solar 1kW installation. I am OK with
spending my tax dollars on my day to days in this way. Just ****es me when
by the end of it all, there will be those with solar stuff and those with no
solar - purely because they cannot afford to shell out a baby bonus or two in
a good way or that as you mention - they have no say due to being a tenant.