Old 23-09-2009, 11:38 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jock[_2_] Jock[_2_] is offline

Default Going Green

Cripes! Dodgy sounding installer you had. Thanks - I will read my meters
before the installation - phonecam photos are the go.
I hope it works well for you, I am looking fwd to saving a bit on power bills
here with the solar HWS & 1kW leccie systems.
Would it be worth you contacting the installation company and asking them to
check the thing is working as it should? - sounds really sus.
Jock

"Anne Chambers" wrote in message
:I had a 1KW installation put in at the end of May (got the gov's full $8K
rebate); it was another three months
: before the new meter was installed (they were supposed to let me know when
that would happen but the fellow
: just turned up and it was lucky I was home.) The installer forgot to read
the old meter before he took it
: out, said he would have to 'hook it up again' - and I got a huge bill
within three weeks; I don't know how
: accurate the reading was He nearly electrocuted himself installing the
new meter; he forgot to turn off
: the new installation....he said it was the first one he'd done! I hadn't
noticed the meter going backwards
: since the original installation so (cynically) suppose the supplier got
whatever was generated for nothing.
:
: The regular meter reader came round a week or so later and had no idea how
to read the new meter - I
: anticipate (but not am not counting on) any savings showing up in the next
bill. Even on a dull day, power
: seems to be generated, so I am hopeful.
:
: I'm trying to do the right thing...
:
: --