Old 23-09-2009, 12:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
MorrisonAndBoyd MorrisonAndBoyd is offline

Default Advice needed for replacement pump

JB wrote:
I bought my last couple of pump from www.pondliner.com. They're out of
Oklahoma but they ship anywhere so that's no big deal. I buy my fish food
from Colorado but I digress. Looks like you'll need a pump that can pump 225
gallons per hour at 2'. (This conforms to the somewhat standardized
recommendation to turn over the water once per hour. You didn't mention a
filter. Got one? Interested in saving electricity? If so, give the OASE
models a look/see. They're pretty energy efficient and I've been pleased
with he three I've had. Submersible pump I assume?

Thanks for the reply.

Between posting my message and reading your reply, I ended up he
http://www.123ponds.com/pm02522.html and I *THINK* this pump will work.
(Note that despite its name, PM2-250 GPH..., its maximum flow is
actually 275 GPH.)

Am I correct in assuming that if I add this insert tee fitting,
http://www.123ponds.com/t12p.html I'll be able to connect both the
waterfall and this fountain head, http://www.123ponds.com/ft9.html by
using this tubing, http://www.123ponds.com/kfl012p-20.html ?

The pump comes with a foam pre-filter.

I'd like to order ASAP so I'd appreciate any input on my proposed setup!

Thanks.