Old 23-09-2009, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Insects on runners

Spider wrote:
"Pete C" wrote in message
Seen on my plot and that next door. On runner bean leaves, what
appear to be baby ladybirds. The only odd thing is they are black
with white spots. Any ideas?
--
Pete C
London UK

You don't say how many spots. Nevertheless, google on Tytthapsis
16-punctata (16 spot ladybird) and Anisosticta 19-punctata (winter
colouration of the Water Ladybird).

Spider

Thanks Spider.......not those. When I saw them Sunday, they were too small
to count the spots. Tues eve, they had grown, and the spots seemed to be
turning yellow. Two very poor pics here......
http://www.blackberrymoon.co.uk/ladybirds/ladybirds

Never used macro before, no tripod, and the blighters woudn't pose
--
Pete C
London UK