Old 24-09-2009, 03:04 AM
jrhauser jrhauser is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Kolodzey View Post
The German botanist Curt Backeberg wrote in his books about a famous
cactus garden in South Carolina, which must have existed in the 1930s,
directed by a man named Victor Morawetz. One of Backeberg's books shows
a photograph of an alley in the garden with dozens of adult Carnegia
gigantea on the sides. Is this garden still alive? I couldn't find
anything on the web. All those giant Carnegia's cannot be moved so
easily.
Richard, if your still around, please contact me about Victor Morawetz. I have some info you may be interested in. Thanks! email: