Old 17-04-2003, 05:20 AM
B & J

Default bumblebees

wrote in message
ganews.com...
In , on 04/15/03
at 09:51 PM, Lar said:

Bumblebees have decided to make my back porch a clubhouse. There's

at
least a dozen always hanging around. I don't want to kill them, as

we
need them to pollinate things (no honeybees), but is there some way

convince them to headquarter somewhere else? Some kind of repellent,
perhaps?

I certainly wouldn't worry about having bumblebees around. Beside the fact
that they're great pollinators, they're so laid back that stings from them
are few. You have to pick them up or step on them with bare feet before they
sting. They occasionally do a foray around your head when disturbed, but
I've never been stung in these warnings.

If you don't really like them, tell them to come to my house. I enjoy them.

John